From 1st May until 1st June, Torre del Mar is hosting the third “La Ruta de la Tapa” (Tapas route) around the town. With 24 establishments taking part, and a drink plus tapa for only 2 euros, it’s a great way of trying out some new places to eat.
Here’s how to join in the fun!
- Choose one of the bars and restaurants taking part, and when you go in mention that you are taking part in La Ruta de la Tapa. You will be served with a specially prepared, gourmet tapa and offered a choice of drink.
- Ask for a Tapas Route Passport and have them stamp it.
- Each establishment is numbered and shown on the map on the back of the Passport. Follow the route around Torre del Mar.
- Make sure to get a stamp in your Tapas passport for each new place you visit and eat one of the special tapa.
- When you’ve visited all 24 establishments, hand in your completed and stamped passport for a chance to win 300 euros!
Here are some of the tasty (and not so tasty) tapas I’ve enjoyed so far this month:
This is “Bacalao en tres textures con muselina de alioli” which is a cod-fish tapa from Vintash, Avda. Andalucia esquina con C/Bateria (and one of my favourites, so far!)
Next is “Volován con morcilla de Burgos, queso de cabra y piruleta de chocolate blanco con chorizo”, a black pudding dish with a white chocolate lollipop from Las Yucas, Avda. Andalucia 64, dup. (Yes, another favourite).
Café Bar Centro, Calle del Mar 25, offered delicious Spanish ham with “Coca de pan de cristal con Ibérico”.
The tapa at Brujas, Paseo Maritimo, Ed. California IV bajos, is “Redondo de verdura, queso y salsa de arandanos” – delicious vegetables, goat cheese and cranberries (and yet another of my personal favourites!)
“Delicias de primavera” is Spring-time on a plate at 20 de Tapas at Avda. Toré Toré.
“Mini brochetas de polo braseado con salsa Tikka Masala y patatas artisanas” is a delicious chicken curry dish from Mi Mundo, Avda. Toré Toré 16.
“Roll relleno de pollo y setas silvestres, con reducción de vino de Málaga y virutas de foie” is another tasty chicken dish from A Lareira, Calle Pasillo Batería, 7.
“Brocheta marinera con verduras en tempura y mahonesa de marisco” , is a delicious fish-skewered tapa from Casa Andrés, Paseo de Larios 36.
And last and, in my opinion, very much the least, is “Bacalao Rincón de Paco” offered by El Rincón de Paco (Number 11 on the tapas route) on Paseo Maritimo. On paper it should have been OK (cod), but it was drizzled in loads of unidentifiable sweet stuff, and what the bright pink and green things were, I don’t know! I left my glass of red wine (vino tinto) which tasted like vinegar – so all in all they will be getting 0/5 **Shudder**
So, these are the bars and restaurants I have visited so far on La Ruta de la Tapa in Torre del Mar, but I’ve lots more places to visit before June 1st. Wish me luck!
Which of these tapas would you like to try? Or, if you are in La Axarquía and joining in – which is YOUR favourite tapa?
FYI … there is a similar Ruta de la Tapa going on in Nerja during May, too. Click HERE for information 🙂