I haven´t posted a recipe for a while, but I´ve got a delicious treat to share with you today. It´s not a Spanish creation, but you do get to see a photograph of some Spanish ingredients – does that count?
These cookies are quick and easy to make, using just one pan. Waiting for them to set is the hardest part!
It´s a good job the oatmeal needs chewing or otherwise you could just inhale these little beauties!
Although I´d heard of no-bake cookies I´d never made them, but when I saw these chewy, sticky bundles of goodness at Sweet Dreaming I just knew I had to make them straight away!
They take only a few minutes to prepare and are great to make with kids if you have any little hands eager to help in the kitchen. I’m sure they’ll love scraping the saucepan afterwards, (which is quite safe as there are no raw eggs to worry about)!
I´ve photographed the whole process, so if you just click on each of the photos in the gallery you can follow, step-by-step.
Easy No-Bake Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies (Galletas de avena con chocolate y crema de cacahuete)
½ cup (1 stick) butter
1½ cups granulated sugar
½ cup milk
4 tablespoons cocoa powder
½ cup peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1. Add the first four ingredients (including the cocoa powder) to a large saucepan.
2. Stir, whilst bringing to the boil, then let the mixture simmer for 1 minute only.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and stir until smooth.
5. Add the oats and stir until coated.
6. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper-lined baking sheets.
7. Use the back of the spoon to smooth them out and flatten into more of a “cookie” shape.
8. Set aside to cool until set, which takes about 45 minutes. I usually pop the trays into the fridge because they don´t set so well if it´s hot in the kitchen – and I do live in Spain!
This mixture will make around 25-30 cookies depending on how big you make each of them.
What are you waiting for? Go and make some and tell me what you think!
You might also like to look at some of my other recipes: